Piggy-backing on the already robust BMO Rewards program, the BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card finds new and innovative ways to reward cardholders. Primary cardholders can enjoy a $50 lifestyle credit every year. Not only that, but they can also earn 10% more rewards by adding an authorized user to their account.
Additionally, cardholders can have peace of mind with basic travel insurance and mobile device insurance for a relatively low annual fee of $120.
This credit card is designed for urban, social, tech-savvy consumers who enjoy a fast-paced lifestyle. Cardholders will earn points for everyday purchases like dining out or taking transit but won’t have to wait long to redeem them. Cardmembers can Pay with Points for as little as $1. That means buying an espresso, splurging on a night out, or treating yourself to a streaming service like Netflix or Spotify, just got that much easier.
Related read: BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege* Card
Learn more about the unique features of the BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card below.
|Credit card||Great features||Annual fee||First-year value*|
|BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card||
$120 (Waived year 1)
*The first-year value is based on the RATESDOTCA Best of Finance methodology.
BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card
Apply for the BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card and earn up to 40,000 bonus BMO Rewards points in the first year. Earn 25,000 BMO Rewards points when you spend at least $3,000 in the first three months and get another 15,000 points when you surpass your 12-month account anniversary. Plus, BMO will waive the $120 annual fee for the primary account holder for the first year.
Regularly earn five points per dollar you spend on dining, groceries, gas and transit purchases and get one point per dollar everywhere else. Not only that, but you can also earn 10% more rewards when you add an authorized user to your account. This feature is new and unique to the BMO eclipse Visa Infinite series and can accelerate your earn rate.
But the bonuses don’t stop there; every year, you will also get a $50 annual lifestyle credit to spend as you like.
According to our Best of Finance methodology, the average Canadian will earn roughly $862 in the first year.
Credit score requirement for approval:
Good: You’ve had a credit card or loan for at least six years. You’ve had good credit for the last seven years (no bankruptcies or defaults on credit as a result of failing to pay debts back to creditors). You haven’t opened a new credit card account, loan, or line of credit in the last nine months. You’ve made the minimum payments on any existing credit cards for the past three months.
Cardholders require a minimum personal income of $60,000 or a household income of $100,000 to be eligible for this card.
Each supplementary card has a $50 annual fee.
Limited time offer/bonus:
- Earn up to 40,000 bonus BMO Rewards points in the first year. Receive 25,000 BMO Rewards points when you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first three months and get another 15,000 points at your 12-month account anniversary. Plus, BMO will waive the $120 annual fee for the first year.
Offer expiry date: October 31, 2021
- Earn five BMO Rewards points per dollar you spend on groceries, dining, gas and transportation, up to $50,000 in purchases per year. After, earn one point per dollar you spend.
- Earn one BMO Rewards point per dollar you spend everywhere else you shop.
How does this card stack up to other rewards credit cards? We crunched the numbers using our Best of Finance methodology to see how much an average Canadian could earn over a 12-month period.
Rewards earned over a 12-month period = 114,400 BMO Rewards points
Monetary value = $812.24
Annual statement credit = $50
Annual fee = $0*
Total earned over the first year (rewards + statement credit - annual fee) = $862.24**
*Get a rebate for the $120 annual fee for the primary cardholder for the first year.
** This calculation does not include the 10% more rewards cardholders can earn for adding a supplementary cardholder.
Compare the best credit cards on RATESDOTCA
Find the best credit card for your lifestyle today!
You can redeem your points for:
- Vacation packages
- Rental cars
- Gift cards
- Turn points into a statement credit
- Contribute to your BMO investment account
- Out-of-province/country emergency medical insurance
- Common carrier insurance
- Car rental collision and loss damage insurance
- Mobile device insurance (up to $1,000)
- Purchase security
- Extended warranty
- Primary cardholders can enjoy a $50 annual lifestyle credit after making a purchase equal to or greater than $50 (the amount of the credit).
- Cardmembers can earn 10% more points when they add an authorized user to the account.
- Access exclusive wine and dining events through the Visa Infinite Dining Series and Visa Infinite Wine Country collections.
Rates, product information, and rewards estimates are subject to change at any time and do not constitute financial advice. Information in this article is accurate as of the date of this posting, November 10, 2020.