The BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege* Card is a prestigious new addition to the BMO credit card family. It is one of two Visa-branded credit cards to join the long list of Mastercards available through the bank. However, this card, in particular, offers exceptional perks and unique benefits.
The BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege* Card rewards members with BMO Rewards points for making everyday purchases, with an accelerated earn rate for dining, groceries, drugstore, gas and travel. These features are relatively standard.
But it isn’t hard to find a more distinctive characteristic—look at the supplementary card details. Earn 25% more on all combined purchases when you add an authorized user to your account.
Not only that, but cardholders can enjoy a $200 annual lifestyle credit, mobile device insurance, entertainment access and priority lines at both the airport and events, as well as a 24/7 concierge service.
In terms of travel, cardholders can enjoy a full suite of travel insurance, a Priority PassTM membership with six free lounge visits per year, access to the Priority Security Lane, and service discounts at select airports across Canada.
Cardholders can also enjoy the copious benefits, discounts and offers for hotels, travel and more from Visa Infinite Privilege—wrapping up the extensive list of perks.
This credit card is great for the established professional who enjoys taking lavish vacations or indulging in fine dining and wine tastings.
Related read: BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card
Learn more about the exclusive perks and special features of the BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege* Card below.
|BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege* Card
*The first-year value is based on the RATESDOTCA Best of Finance methodology.
BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege* Card
Apply for the BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege* Card and earn up to 50,000 bonus BMO Rewards points. Get 35,000 BMO Rewards points when you spend at least $5,000 in the first three months and get an additional 15,000 points after your 12-month account anniversary.
Regularly earn five points per dollar you spend on dining, groceries, drugstore, gas and travel purchases and get one point per dollar everywhere else you shop. Not only that, but you can also earn 25% more rewards when you add an authorized user to your account.
Additionally, this card offers a $200 annual lifestyle credit, travel insurance, six free lounge visits per year, concierge services and exclusive access to entertainment and events.
According to our Best of Finance methodology, the average Canadian will see a value of $686 in the first year.
Credit score requirement for approval:
Excellent: You’ve had a credit card or loan for at least 10 years. You’ve had good credit for the last seven years (no bankruptcies or no defaults on credit as a result of failing to pay debts back to creditors). You haven’t opened a new credit card account, loan, or line of credit in the last nine months. You’ve made the minimum payments on your existing credit cards for the past six months.
Cardholders require a minimum personal income of $150,000 or a household income of $200,000 to be eligible for this card.
Each supplementary card has a $99 annual fee.
Limited time offer/bonus:
- Get up to 50,000 bonus BMO Rewards points in the first year. Receive 35,000 BMO Rewards when you spend at least $5,000 in the first three months and get another 15,000 points for your 12-month account anniversary.
Offer expiry date: October 31, 2021
- Earn five BMO Rewards points per dollar you spend on groceries, dining, drugstore, gas and travel, up to $100,000 in purchases per year. After, earn one point per dollar you spend.
- Earn one BMO Rewards point per dollar everywhere else you shop.
How does this card stack up to other rewards credit cards? We crunched the numbers using our Best of Finance methodology to see how much an average Canadian could earn over a 12-month period.
Rewards earned over a 12-month period = 138,800 BMO Rewards points
Monetary value = $985.48
Annual statement credit = $200
Annual fee = $499
Total earned over the first year (rewards + statement credit - annual fee) = $686.48*
*This calculation does not include the 25% more rewards cardholders can earn for adding a supplementary cardholder.
Compare the best credit cards on RATESDOTCA
Find the best credit card for your lifestyle today!
You can redeem your points for:
- Vacation packages
- Rental cars
- Gift cards
- Turn points into a statement credit
- Contribute to your BMO investment account
- Out-of-province/country emergency medical insurance
- Trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance
- Baggage delay, loss and damage insurance
- Common carrier insurance
- Car rental collision and loss damage insurance
- Hotel burglary insurance
- Mobile device insurance (up to $1,000)
- Extended warranty
- Purchase security insurance
- Primary cardholders can enjoy a $200 annual lifestyle credit after making a purchase equal to or greater than $200 (the amount of the credit).
- Cardmembers can earn 25% more points when they add an authorized user to the account.
- Save time and connect to the Visa Infinite Privilege Concierge for top recommendations and reservations.
- Take advantage of the complimentary Priority PassTM membership and access over 1,000 airport lounges in 148 countries. Plus, receive six free lounge visits per year. This benefit has a value of roughly US$300.
- Enjoy perks at select Canadian airports, including admittance to the Priority Security Lane and savings on airport parking and valet services.
- Access exclusive wine and dining events through the Visa Infinite Dining Series and Visa Infinite Wine Country collections.
- Receive the Visa Infinite Privilege Troon Golf Benefit for access to private, high-end golf clubs and 15% off green fees and merchandise at participating courses.
Related read: Best Premium Perks Credit Card in Canada for 2020
Rates, product information, and rewards estimates are subject to change at any time and do not constitute financial advice. Information in this article is accurate as of the date of this posting, November 10, 2020.