Over 2.4 million customers shop in-store at Walmart locations and online at Walmart.ca every day. It’s no wonder the retail giant is so popular. Walmart gives customers many choices to shop in-store and in the ever-growing online marketplace. Plus, customers can select from home delivery and several pickup options, making stocking-up on groceries a convenient and overall consumer-friendly experience.
Walmart has over 400 retail locations in Canada, offering customers over 120,000 products to choose from in-store and over one million items online. This means loyal Walmart shoppers can redeem their Walmart Reward Dollars for a wide selection of goods using the Walmart Rewards Mastercard®.
Walmart Rewards Mastercard®
New cardmembers of the Walmart Rewards Mastercard® can get up to $25 in bonus Walmart Reward Dollars after making two qualifying purchases and signing up for paperless statements. Regularly earn 1.25% back in-store at Walmart Canada locations and online at Walmart.ca. Get 1% back everywhere else you shop and redeem for savings on your purchases or free merchandise.
According to our Best of Finance methodology, the average Canadian will earn $280 Walmart Reward Dollars in the first year.
Credit score requirement for approval:
Good: You’ve had a credit card or loan for at least six years. You’ve had good credit for the last seven years (no bankruptcies or defaults on credit as a result of failing to pay debts back to creditors). You haven’t opened a new credit card account, loan, or line of credit in the last nine months. You’ve made the minimum payments on any existing credit cards for the past three months.
Limited time offer/bonus:
- Get up to $25 in bonus Walmart Reward Dollars. Receive $15 in Walmart Reward Dollars when you make two qualifying purchases, one at Walmart Canada (in-store or online), and another purchase anywhere Mastercard is accepted. Both purchases must be made within 30 days of opening the account to qualify. Get $10 in Walmart Reward Dollars when you sign up for electronic statements.
Offer expiry date: October 31, 2020
- Earn 1.25% back online at Walmart.ca and Walmart stores in Canada.
- Earn 1% back everywhere you shop.
How does this card stack up to other rewards credit cards? We crunched the numbers using our Best of Finance methodology to see how much an average Canadian could earn over a 12-month period.
Rewards earned over a 12-month period = $280 Walmart Reward Dollars
Annual fee = $0
Total earned over the first year (rewards minus annual fee) = $280
Compare the best credit cards on RATESDOTCA.
Find the best credit card for your lifestyle today!
You can redeem your points for:
- Redeem Walmart Reward Dollars in $5 increments for purchases in-store at Walmart Canada locations and online at Walmart.ca.
- Balance Protection Plan (optional)
- Extended Warranty Plan (optional)
- Cardmembers can shop instantly after approval with a temporary shopping pass.
Rates, product information, and rewards estimates are subject to change at any time and do not constitute financial advice. Information in this article is accurate as of the date this posting, August 3, 2020.