Banking is probably the last thing on your mind when the mercury pushes above 30 - but did you know about the fun (and mostly free!) festivals, events and concerts offered this season by Canada's biggest lenders?
The Big Five are offering up plenty of exciting events, giveaways and partnerships. Check out our lineup of the biggest don't-miss events!
TD Canada Trust
Tegan and Sara play a free show at Toronto's Roy Thomson Hall. Photo Credit: Penelope Graham[/caption] TD Canada Trust has a host of music festivals lined up this summer for your listening pleasure. All season-long, TD will be sponsoring musical festivals coast to coast from Halifax to Vancouver. Featured musicians include John Legend, Earth Wind and Fire, Ben Harper, and Aretha Franklin.
- TD Winnipeg International Jazz Festival (June 12-22, 2014)
- TD Toronto Jazz Festival (June 19-28, 2014)
- TD Victoria International JazzFest (June 20-29, 2014)
- SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival (June 20-29, 2014)
- TD Ottawa Jazz Festival (June 20-July 1, 2014)
- TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival (June 20-July 1, 2014)
- Montréal International Jazz Festival (June 26-July 6, 2014)
- TD Halifax Jazz Festival (July 4-12, 2014)
- Beaches International Jazz Festival (July 18-27, 2014)
- Calgary Folk Music Festival (July 24-27, 2014)
TD is also the official bank of Live Nation Canada and is a sponsor of the 2014 summer concerts at Molson Canadian Amphitheatre and TD Echo Beach, where acts like The Fray and Our Lady Peace will be performing.
- Jack Johnson, Molson Canadian Amphitheatre (May 28, 2014)
- Dave Matthews Band, Molson Canadian Amphitheatre (June 24, 2014)
- The Fray, TD Echo Beach (July 2, 2014)
- Our Lady Peace, TD Echo Beach (August 16, 2014)
- Lorde, TD Echo Beach (September 23, 2014)
RBC Royal Bank
- RBC Royal Bank Bluesfest, Lebreton Flats, Ottawa, ON (July 3-13) http://www.ottawabluesfest.ca
Special Offers and Giveaways
- The First Time Home Buyer bundle offer, which includes a $500 house warming gift
- Employee Mortgage Pricing, available for a limited time.
- From June 16 to September 30, RBC is giving away $1,000 a day to students who open a qualifying product (bank account, credit card or student line of credit).
- “5 for 5” in Personal Lending (transfer your debt to RBC and receive 5% interest on it for five years).
- From now to July 31, new RBC clients who open an RBC Signature No Limit or VIP Banking account will receive a free iPad Mini.
- The RBC Business Essentials $6 Small Business Account is for start-up and growing businesses that typically have a variable number of monthly transactions. It provides built-in discounts when your transaction volumes grow and additional savings when you bank online or use our ATM network.
Festivals and Events
- Scotiabank Toronto Caribbean Carnival, Toronto, ON (July 8-August 2): The fun keeps on coming in the largest international cultural festival of its kind in North America. Watch Toronto "Keep on Jumping" as the city explodes with sizzling music, colourful costumes, and performances that will lift your soul and set your spirit ablaze.
- Scotiabank CHIN Picnic, Toronto, ON (June 28, 29 and July 1, 2014): Come to the largest, free, multicultural picnic in the world--a true celebration of Canada’s celebration of inclusion and multiculturalism.
- Scotiabank Buskerfest, Toronto, ON (August 21-24): Join in the fun at Scotiabank BuskerFest, a collection of the most entertaining street performers in the world. For four days in August, watch as Toronto's Yonge Street comes alive, bringing the thrill of world-class street theatre to spectators.
BMO Bank of Montreal
- Calgary Stampede, Calgary, AB (July 4-13): During the Stampede, BMO hosts a 10-Day Kids’ Zone. This area focuses on family entertainment and western fun during park hours. Also, the BMO Power of Blue is activated at the main gates and through BMO MasterCard booths. BMO Customers will be given priority lines to enter the Stampede as well as an opportunity to receive discounts on parking by using their BMO Debit or BMO MasterCard.
- CIBC Taste of Asia, Toronto, ON (June 28-29): This is a two-day event featuring non-stop multicultural performances. There are plenty of fun things to see and do, including a performance by Asian Superstar, over 150 vendor booths, Philippine Village, Korean Town, and a don't-miss Bibimbap-eating challenge.