Welcome to Rates.ca, Canada's premier destination for the best travel insurance rates. We are your one-stop shop for finding the best deal and buying the coverage you need for your travels. Quickly and easily, compare travel insurance quotes, policies and providers to find the coverage that fits your budget and gives you the peace of mind knowing you're protected while travelling.Compare travel insurance quotes today
Whether you're an occasional traveller going on a well-deserved vacation, frequent flyer, or a snowbird going away for the winter, all it takes is a few minutes to get travel insurance quotes from many of Canada's leading travel insurance companies and purchase your policy.Travel Insurance 101
Travel insurance is the easiest thing to pack and also the most important. It's there to protect you while on vacation. Imagine not having travel insurance and falling ill or breaking a bone while on your dream vacation. Throw in the costly medical bills and you have yourself a traveller's worst nightmare. The best way to prevent this nightmare from occurring, is to pack travel insurance.Who Needs Travel Insurance?
Whether you're travelling by plane, train or automobile, whether it's a day trip, weekend getaway or week-long vacation, travel insurance is a must. The length of your trip does not decrease the chance of something going wrong and neither does the destination. If you're going somewhere tropical, on a European excursion, or cross-border shopping for the day, travel insurance should be going with you. Even if you're travelling out of province but within Canada it's worth it because your provincial health insurance plan coverage may be limited. Things like ambulance services and prescription drugs may not be covered and you could end up paying out of pocket for some of the services you need.Snowbird travel insurance
Snowbirds who like to escape the cold wintery weather for a few months will find that comparing snowbird travel insurance with Rates.ca can really save them a bundle. Travel insurance for snowbirds doesn't have to be expensive, and Rates.ca will help you get the coverage you need. Whether it's emergency medical coverage, trip cancellation or an all-inclusive policy, Rates.ca can easily help you find competitively priced travel insurance for snowbirds.Types of Travel Insurance Plans
What's great about travel insurance is that it's not one plan fits all. Travel insurance policies come with different coverage options and benefits. This means you're able to purchase only the coverage you need.
Compare Travel Insurance Quotes Today
- Single trip emergency medical travel insurance covers emergency medical expenses that may arise during your vacation.
- Annual emergency medical travel insurance provides emergency medical coverage for trips taken over the course of a year. This is ideal for frequent travellers and may be more cost effective if you take several trips in a year.
- Trip cancellation and trip interruption insurance is designed to cover you in case your trip gets cancelled, delayed or interrupted for reasons outside of your control.
- Top-up travel insurance is for travellers who already have coverage, often through work or a credit card, but who are not covered for the entire length of the trip. Top-up travel insurance ensures you are covered the full duration of your trip.
- All-inclusive travel insurance bundles all of the most popular travel coverages including emergency medical, loss (or delay) of baggage, and trip cancellation insurance into one policy.
Finding a travel insurance policy with Rates.ca is easier than planning a vacation. Anyone leaving Canada should at least have emergency medical travel insurance. No one wants to return from a vacation with significant medical bills. Now that's one souvenir you don't want!