For a limited time, new Aeroplan members can get 2,500 bonus miles (soon to be Aeroplan points) when they join and earn their first mile before the end of September 2020.
Members can earn miles through in-store and online purchases at partner brands by scanning their Aeroplan card or using their Aeroplan credit card. Cardmembers who carry both an Aeroplan credit card and membership card can double-dip on points, earning rewards faster.
In-store partners currently include Home Hardware and The UPS Store. However, there are over 170 retailers available through the Aeroplan eStore. Members can earn at least one mile for every $1 they spend at stores like Indigo, Bose, the Apple Store, Uber Eats and Amazon.ca.
Online shopping through the eStore is easy. Simply type in your membership number and last name to log in, select the partner you wish to shop with and click “Yes, shop now” to launch the affiliated site. These few extra steps in your online shopping ritual won’t cost you any additional money, and you’ll earn miles.
Members can redeem Aeroplan Miles for travel, gift cards, merchandise, activities, entertainment, and more.
This bonus is a fantastic way for new members to get excited about the new and improved Aeroplan program launching this November.
Improvements to the Aeroplan Program
Starting November 8, 2020, Air Canada will begin to roll out its redesigned Aeroplan program, boasting a more flexible and straightforward experience for members.
Some of the program highlights include:
- Points for Air Canada Flights: Previously, members would earn rewards based on the miles they flew; however, starting in 2021, points will be based on how much customers spend.
- Surcharges: Members will no longer have to pay airline surcharges — also known as carrier or fuel surcharges — on Air Canada flights purchased with points. Plus, taxes, third-party fees, and partner airline booking fees can be covered with points.
- Booking with Points and Cash: Previously, members were required to have enough miles to cover the cost of their flight before they could redeem them. Soon, members will be able to book with a combination of cash and points.
- Aeroplan Family Sharing: The ability to combine Aeroplan point balances will allow families to redeem rewards quicker. Plus, if one member has Elite Status, all members can reap the benefits and enjoy preferred pricing.
- Upgrades: Use points for AC Bid Upgrades and enjoy a higher cabin class, priority check-in and more. Not only that, but you’ll also be able to redeem for in-flight Wi-Fi starting in December 2020.
- Points Expiry: Members will now have 18 months instead of 12 to earn or redeem a single point to keep their account active before points expire.
- Fewer Restrictions: Access every seat on all Air Canada flights with no restrictions or blackout periods and enjoy no cash surcharges on flight rewards.
Members will be able to redeem their points effortlessly and enjoy fewer restrictions than before. The new Aeroplan program promises more predictable pricing to ensure it’s easier to plan and redeem rewards.
If you aren’t currently an Aeroplan member, now is an ideal time to join and score some bonus miles. You can start earning on your everyday online purchases and prepare for the revamped program coming this fall.