Apart from the fantastic welcome offer, the Scotia Momentum® Visa Infinite* Card provides cardholders with comprehensive travel insurance and mobile device insurance, making it a tremendous asset to anyone’s wallet.
Not only that, but it’s also the top cash back credit card Scotiabank has in its arsenal.
Families have an exceptional opportunity to save using this card. Utilize the extensive travel insurance package for your next trip or capitalize on the weighty cash-back earn rate. This credit card can prove pivotal in reducing your household’s weekly grocery bill.
Scotia Momentum® Visa Infinite* Card
For a limited time, the Scotia Momentum® Visa Infinite* Card is offering new cardholders 10% back on all purchases for the first three months, up to $2,000 in total purchases. Plus, Scotiabank will waive the annual fee for both the primary and supplementary cardholders for the first year.
Regularly earn cash back on purchases from groceries to subscription and rideshare services, with no limit to how much you can earn. Additionally, this card also features a great line of insurance, including mobile device coverage.
According to our Best of Finance methodology, the average Canadian will earn $717 cash back in the first year.
Credit score requirement for approval:
Excellent: You’ve had a credit card or loan for at least 10 years. You’ve had good credit for the last seven years (no bankruptcies or no defaults on credit as a result of failing to pay debts back to creditors). You haven’t opened a new credit card account, loan, or line of credit in the last nine months. You’ve made the minimum payments on your existing credit cards for the past six months.
Each supplementary card has a $50 annual fee.
Limited time offer/bonus:
- Get 10% back on all purchases for the first three months, up to $2,000 in total purchases. Plus, Scotiabank will waive the annual fee for both the primary and supplementary cardholders for the first year.
Offer expiry date: November 1, 2020
- Earn 4% back per dollar you spend on grocery and subscription purchases, as well as recurring bill payments.
- Earn 2% back per dollar you spend on gas and daily transit purchases, including buses, taxis, and rideshare services.
- Get 1% back per dollar you spend everywhere else, with no limit to how much you can earn.
How does this card stack up to other rewards credit cards? We crunched the numbers using our Best of Finance methodology to see how much an average Canadian could earn over a 12-month period.
Rewards earned over a 12-month period = $717
Annual fee = $0
Total earned over the first year (rewards minus annual fee) = $717
*The $120 annual fee is waived for the first year.
Compare the best credit cards on RATESDOTCA.
Find the best credit card for your lifestyle today!
You can redeem your points for:
- Cash back can be deposited into a Scotiabank chequing or savings account in December of each year.
- Cash back can be added as a statement credit in December of each year.
- Mobile device insurance
- Trip cancellation
- Trip interruption
- Travel emergency medical
- Flight delay
- Delayed and lost baggage
- Travel accident insurance
- Rental car collision and damage
- Purchase security
- Extended warranty
- Scotia Credit Card Protection (optional)
- Enjoy access to the Visa Infinite Hotel Collection and Visa Infinite Dining and Wine Country Program.
- Access advance ticket sales to exclusive sports and entertainment experiences.
- Take advantage of the 24/7 concierge service and save time booking reservations and planning trips.
- Save on rental cars with participating Avis and Budget locations across the U.S. and Canada.
Rates, product information, and rewards estimates are subject to change at any time and do not constitute financial advice. Information in this article is accurate as of the date of this posting, August 3, 2020.